To champion resident driven advocacy for long-term facility residents.
We will advocate…
for Resident Rights including freedom from abuse and the the right to express grievances without fear of retaliation.
We will empower…
residents and/or family members to advocate for themselves or their loved one.
We will connect…
trained Volunteer Ombudsmen to Long-Term Care facilities throughout Northeast Indiana.
OUR SERVICE AREA
Residents of Long-Term Care facilities have numerous rights under federal and state law. Some of these rights, in abbreviated form are:
- Right to be informed and exercise your rights.
- Right to know about services and financial charges.
- Right to participate in planning your care and treatment.
- Right to refuse treatment.
- Right to confidentiality of records.
- Right to privacy.
- Right to control your finances.
- Right to freedom from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Right to freedom from chemical and physical restraints.
- Right to express grievances without fear of retaliation.
- Rights pertaining to admissions, transfers, and discharges, including the right to appeal.
- Right to communicate freely with persons of your choice.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Our services are free and confidential to those who seek our help.
We are an advocacy organization for those living in nursing homes. We cover all 9 counties of N.E. Indiana and are State and Federally funded.
Ombudsman is a Swedish word meaning citizen representative. A Long-Term Care Ombudsman serves as an advocate who seeks to resolve complaints made by or on behalf of people who are consumers of Long-Term Care services.
Click the button below to donate today!