What does the Ombudsman do?
- We receive, investigate and attempt to resolve problems or complaints affecting residents of Long-Term Care facilities.
- Answer questions and provide information and referral about Long-Term Care and related services.
- Promote resident, family, and community involvement in Long-Term Care.
- Promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents.
- Coordinate efforts with other agencies and organizations concerned with Long-Term Care.
- Identify issues and problem areas in Long-Term Care and recommend needed changes.