Residents of Long-Term Care facilities have numerous rights under federal and state law. Some of these rights, in abbreviated form are:
- Right to be informed and exercise your rights.
- Right to know about services and financial charges.
- Right to participate in planning your care and treatment.
- Right to refuse treatment.
- Right to confidentiality of records.
- Right to privacy.
- Right to control your finances.
- Right to freedom from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Right to freedom from chemical and physical restraints.
- Right to express grievances without fear of retaliation.
- Rights pertaining to admissions, transfers, and discharges, including the right to appeal.
- Right to communicate freely with persons of your choice.